1448-Katie-Phone

The Right Age

http://elllo.org/english/1401/1448-Katie-Phone.htm


Katie: So I want to ask you about when is the right age to have stuff or to start doing stuff. What do you think is the right age to start having a phone?
Aimee: Oh, I think for security reasons, to, you know, keep the child safe, perhaps maybe about 11 or 12 when they start going around places without their parents.
Katie: Yeah.
Aimee: It would be a way for me to contact my daughter. Even now, my daughter is only six and she doesn't have a phone, and that's far too young, I believe. However, she walks to school by herself and walks home by herself. And that stresses me out for her safety.
So there are times where I wish I could phone her or text her, but she doesn't have a phone. And I do believe that six is far too young to have a phone.
Katie: A little bit too young.
Aimee: Yes. So purely for security reasons, I think probably around 11 or 12.
Katie: How old were you when you first got your phone.
Aimee: Well, I'm an old person so, you know, people didn't have mobile phones. I was reaching the end of high school. I was, I think, 17 when I got my first mobile phone. And it was a big brick. But again, that was for, you know, I guess security reasons.
Katie: Yeah.
Aimee: My parents got it for me. I was going out, you know, I started going out at night, going to concerts. And I was beginning to be allowed going into bars and things at 17, 18. So yeah, it was a good security thing. My parents were appreciative of being able to contact me.
Katie: Yeah.
Aimee: How about you? How old were you when you first got your mobile phone?
Katie: Oh goodness. I was about 12 or 13. I was really young.
Aimee: Okay.
Katie: And I only got my first mobile phone or my first cellphone because my best friend who got the same one and I wanted to send like picture messages to her. It was back in the old days where you can send a photo, you can take photos.
Aimee: Picture messages.
Katie: Picture messages.
Aimee: I couldn't even send picture messages. Mine was just texts, like pressing the same button over and over again.
Katie: Oh yeah. Oh yeah. So I never really used it as like a way of security. I just used it to send really overpriced picture messages to my friend for absolutely no reason. It was such a waste. And to play Snake. Do you remember Snake?
Aimee: Oh yeah, Snake.
Katie: Like the little game that you could play on your phone.
Aimee: Yup, yup.
Katie: Yeah. I didn't use it for a good use, I think. I just used it to waste time.
Aimee: Fair enough. Well, you're 12, you said, right?
Katie: Twelve, thirteen, yeah.
Aimee: That sounds age appropriate, I think, age appropriate use.
Katie: Yeah. It's a good time to start wasting your time.
Aimee: Yeah.
Katie: Get ahead to start wasting time.
Aimee: Yeah.

Nowadays, children tend to have their own cell phone in a very young age, do you think what are the pros and cons of this case?

the right age : thời điểm thích hợp
the right age to start having a phone : độ tuổi phù hợp để bắt đầu có một chiếc điện thoại
security reasons : lý do an ninh
perhaps maybe: có lẽ khoảng
a way for me to contact my daughter: cách để tôi liên lạc với con gái mình
that's far too young: nó còn quá trẻ
walks to school by herself: tự đi đến trường và tự đi bộ về nhà
that stresses me out for her safety : điều đó làm tôi căng thẳng vì sự an toàn của cô ấy

Aimee: Yes. So purely for security reasons, I think probably around 11 or 12.
Aimee: Vâng. Vì vậy, hoàn toàn vì lý do bảo mật, tôi nghĩ có lẽ khoảng 11 hoặc 12.


My parents got it for me : Bố mẹ tôi đã nhận nó cho tôi
my best friend who got the same one : người bạn thân nhất của tôi có cùng một chiếc
It was such a waste: Đó là một sự lãng phí

It's a good time to start wasting your time : Đây là thời điểm tốt để bắt đầu lãng phí thời gian của bạn.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ANWSER

oh wow, i think it was cons . the children below the right age, then shoundn't have a phone,BECAUSE it not only get out of childhoods but also increase eye problems . if that's far too young it influence to cognitive ,develop and so purely for security reasons. i think that stresses parent out for your child safety.and so,yeah

BUT it also the pros , Exemple are help parent to contact Their children.manage,follow.
 Especial when their child can walks to school by themselves
I think probably around 11 or 12. perhaps the right age to start having a phone
at that time, My parents got it for me , my the first cellphone and my best friend who got the same one  regular cellphone , if not It was such a waste while need call and messenger.until you can yourself buy a smartphone and it's a good time to start wasting your time

Nhận xét

  1. the right age : thời điểm thích hợp
    the right age to start having a phone : độ tuổi phù hợp để bắt đầu có một chiếc điện thoại
    security reasons : lý do an ninh
    perhaps maybe: có lẽ khoảng
    a way for me to contact my daughter: cách để tôi liên lạc với con gái mình
    that's far too young: nó còn quá trẻ
    walks to school by herself: tự đi đến trường và tự đi bộ về nhà
    that stresses me out for her safety : điều đó làm tôi căng thẳng vì sự an toàn của cô ấy

    Aimee: Yes. So purely for security reasons, I think probably around 11 or 12.
    Aimee: Vâng. Vì vậy, hoàn toàn vì lý do bảo mật, tôi nghĩ có lẽ khoảng 11 hoặc 12.

    My parents got it for me : Bố mẹ tôi đã nhận nó cho tôi
    my best friend who got the same one : người bạn thân nhất của tôi có cùng một chiếc
    It was such a waste: Đó là một sự lãng phí

    It's a good time to start wasting your time : Đây là thời điểm tốt để bắt đầu lãng phí thời gian của bạn.

    Trả lờiXóa

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

1299-Spencer-Curtis-ComfortClothin

TED - English Mania.

Bài 8. College Life