taxis

Transcripts 

Upload Audio - Download Music - Track 14

  Upload Audio - Download Music - Track 14

 

  http://yourlisten.com/merlinenglish.com/track-14

 

1.

I hate using taxis here. The drivers drive too fast and really dangerously. And they’re often rude. The cars are mostly in pretty poor condition. But what I hate the most is that they aren’t air conditioned. It’s so hot here. They really need air-conditioned taxis. By the time I arrive somewhere, I feel really hot and uncomfortable.

2.

I’ve taken quite a few taxi rides recently. I’ve never had any big problems using taxis here. They’re usually clean and the cars are pretty new. The prices are good, too. The thing I like most, though, is the drivers. They drive very carefully, and I think that’s very important.

3.

I find that taxis here are okay. They’re pretty comfortable. Most of the cars they use are new and they keep them really clean. They’re a little expensive, though. I paid $50 to come from the airport. That is too expensive. I guess the thing I hate the most, though, is that the drivers don’t speak English very well. It’s very difficult to explain to them where you want to go.

4.

The taxis here are okay, I guess. They’re very cheap, so that’s the thing I like most about them. It never costs more than a few dollars to go anywhere. But the taxis are all pretty old, so they’re not very comfortable. Half of them don’t have seat belts or air conditioning.

 

Answer keys

Task 1: 1. Not good, 2. Good, 3. Okay, 4. Okay
Task 2: 1a, 2c, 3b, 4c.

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

1299-Spencer-Curtis-ComfortClothin

TED - English Mania.

Bài 8. College Life